Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gajorer Sondesh/Carrot Cake

Subho Bijoya and Eid Mubarak to all my friends. Its almost been a month that I have posted my recipe as I was really busy for moving to my new home in Vernon Hills.Now I am all settled here so I hope that now onwards I will be able to continue my old flow. As we are all in a festive mood , today I will share a sweet recipe "Gajorer Sondesh".



Ingredients:
  • Grated carrot 2cups
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese or smashed paneer.
  • Sugar 1cup.
  • Green cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
  • Ghee or butter 1 teaspoon.
  • Pinch of salt
  • 10 resin
Procedure:
  • Take a non-stick pan and place it in medium heat. Add grated carrot and let it cook till it releases some water from it. 
  • Now add a cup of sugar and a pinch of salt and keep on mixing it till the sugar completely incorporated with the carrot.
  • Add the cheese or paneer and keep on stirring the mixture till it releases some oil from and and don't stick on that pan any more. Please check the sweetness at this time and if you want to make it sweeter then just add some more sugar and cook it till the sugar completely dissolve in this mixture.
  • Then add cardamom powder and ghee and mix it well.Then pour it in a square nonstick tray and let it cool down.
  • Cut it in small square shape and garnish it with resin on top.
  • Place this on a serving plate and enjoy it with your friends and family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment